Snapshots

January-Shmanuary

January Shmanuary

January came and left without a peep from me; I know. The month brought equal amounts of joy and heartache. But we are still here. Still thankful. Choosing to smile and praising the Lord for the fullness of His grace.

I’ll write what I can when I can. Some things are simply not for me to write, and I’ve learned that’s okay too.

February is a new month.
I welcome it with open arms.

Heather Sanders

27 thoughts on “January-Shmanuary”

1. Holly says:

Miss you but glad to know you will be back when the time is right.

2. Lanelle Fry says:

Have a wonderful February. Glad to see you posting.

Thank you.

3. Monica B. says:

Happy to hear from you, missed you too! Happy almost spring. 😉

4. Cheryl Smith says:

So good to see a post from you, Heather. 😉 I hope all is well with you and look forward to your next post!

5. Pat in Indy says:

SO happy to see you this morning! I’ve been praying for you! Everything happens for a reason even if it isn’t comfortable. A new month, a new page on the calendar–all good! I’m sending big hugs!

1. Heather Sanders says:

Pat – Thank you for your prayers and (((hugs))). And there is so much wisdom to this: “Everything happens for a reason even if it isn’t comfortable.”

6. Gabrielle says:

Have missed you and am glad to know you’re still standing. Sometimes it takes all we have just to deal with our personal lives without having to clean it up or organize it for the public. Sending you prayers and hugs.

1. Heather Sanders says:

Gabrielle, you said: “Sometimes it takes all we have just to deal with our personal lives without having to clean it up or organize it for the public.” There is a lot of truth to that especially because most of our personal lives edge the lives of others who deserve our protection/respect. Thank you for your prayers and hugs; they are SO appreciated.

7. Diana says:

Glad to hear from you! Praying for all that is going on.

8. Kathy W says:

Glad to know that you are ok. Have been praying for you. Some things that happen are only between you and God and those who were involved. Tomorrow is new day and a new beginning – God is faithful and his ways are best. Sending a big HUG :>)

1. Heather Sanders says:

Kathy W “Have been praying for you. Some things that happen are only between you and God and those who were involved.” Thank you, and AMEN! You’re right. Each morning brings a new day. I’ve worn a bangle for about 7 years now that says, “This is the day that the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalm 118:24)

God IS faithful.
      HIS ways ARE best.
      I trust Him completely.

9. CIndyK says:

What a great photo! Love your boundaries. Some things that happen are for not for sharing with everyone. Such wisdom. Praying you see our Lord in all of it. Learning about chalk circles that Gypsy Smith spoke about. Look him up! I want revival to start in my own heart! I want to be the change I want to see. Random thoughts but that is what is on my heart to share this morning.

1. Heather Sanders says:

CindyK – Thank you for sharing. I’ll look up Gypsy Smith as I’m not familiar with the name. A revival started in my heart last year and God willing, it will FLAME ON! Blessings!

1. CIndyK says:

Heather- Let me know what you think of Gypsy Smith. He was a very cool guy. Flame on sister~

10. StacyJ says:

I kinda feel the same way about January…and a whole bunch of other months too. Prayers for you and your family.

1. Heather Sanders says:

StacyJ – Thank you for your prayers. Though THIS January has been difficult, I refuse to let it roll into any future January. Instead, I choose to think of it as a season that has passed. I’m choosing thankfulness because through it I’ve continued to learn more and more of how God sustains me and how desperately I need Him. Thank you AGAIN for your prayers!

11. Julie Slotty Williams says:

Hang in there Heather! There is no shame in some alone time between you and the good Lord! We all should do the same and stop airing our grievances on every social media avenues available! (Which is way too much the norm today). I like the month of January to just sit back and reflect and be a chatty Cathy to Jesus’s ear! Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

12. Laura in Little Rock says:

Oh, I love the verse on your bangle and now I’m singing. Which is better than mumbling into my coffee mug.
    Wishing you a very lovely Thursday.

13. Alojzia says:

Hi Heather,
    So glad you are back. I was checking in on you daily and getting worried when you were nowhere to be found.

Sometimes the events in our lives become more important than social media. Things that happen are so much bigger than the world out there. And the world out there doesn’t seem to matter so much. And the things we do and consider so important lose their all encompassing value and power. And then we can put things into perspective and see things for what they really are. And understand what has the greatest value. I speak from experience here. Sorry for the stream of consciousness writing style.

I am never quite sure how to pray for people. Do I say ” Lord, remember so and so. Bye the way so and so needs such and such.” ” And please help xyz. with their problem ” etc. Do I make a list?

So, I will read and pray a Psalm or two or three for you . And, as I am reading I will ask The Lord to look down on you and let His Face shine down upon you.

Bye for now

14. Diana B says:

I’m always checking for an update, and it’s always a happy day for me when I see one. Here’s to February! Much love to you and your family.

15. Christine says:

Love you, Heather. I’ve been thinking of you a lot recently, which translates into prayers wafting up on your behalf. I hope you are experiencing an easy yoke and light burden as you come unto Jesus.

1. Heather Sanders says:

Christine – Oh my goodness, I treasure your prayers wafting up to the Father. Thank you, thank you, thank you! My burden is light. God is good. Love you too!

16. Miss B says:

Been missing your posts and thought maybe I’d accidentally unsubscribed, so I thought I would check in. I see you are still on a writing break. I hope you are doing well. You are loved and missed by many. Take your time, and we will be excited to welcome you back if and when you are ready.

1. Heather Sanders says:

Miss B – Thank you so much for coming back and making sure you weren’t missing anything. That means a lot to me. And thank you for your precious encouragement too. I WILL be back. This has been a much needed time to process life and lean in to the Father.

1. Pat in Indy says:

No thing, or no person, is as sturdy as the Father! I’ve been keeping you in my prayers, too!

17. Diana says:

Thinking about you today and wondering how life is going. It’s been a month…

1. Heather Sanders says:

Diana – Thank you for tapping me on the shoulder. You’re right. It’s been entirely too long. I have much to write, and I need to get to it. Blessings.

Comments are closed.