web design starting at $5000
Your Vision + My Design = One heckuva rockin’ site/blog.
Yes, $5000.00 is high for an original blog design or a hobby site – well, unless you have money to toss about, which most of us don’t in this economy; it isn’t a lot if you plan to do more than post photos and reflect on the day’s schedule.
In the legendary words of Queen’s “We Will Rock You”, if you’re “Shoutin’ in the street, gonna take on the world someday…” you’ll want more than a free theme or template downloaded and used over and over.
No, you wanna rock.
And I can make your site rock.
You’ll be “Wavin’ your banner all over the place…”
I design for self-hosted blogs and websites. The only blogging platform I design for is WordPress; there’s a reason – WordPress is the best, most current, most malleable blogging software available. And? It is free.
Here’s what “BASIC DESIGN” includes:
My designs begin at $5000.00, but because each client’s needs are different, additional costs are contingent on the needs of the client; below is a list of what “design” includes.
- Home Page Design
- WordPress: (1) additional Individual Post Page (including a visual comment lay-out) Design* with (1) matching Page Template**
- WordPress: (1) category archives template (to serve for sub-category & search results as well)
The BASIC DESIGN process:
After exchanging emails to evaluate whether we’re a good fit and whether my time line matches yours, the following process occurs:
- You brainstorm and send me your vision via email. We correspond until all your needs are clearly defined and clarified.
- Based on your requests, I quote a rate for your design. If you agree with the quote, 50% is due upfront to put you on my calendar and 50% is due upon design completion (when the design files are turned over to the developer).
- Mockups of the templates are created and sent as pdf files for your review. This process may include up to 3 rounds of free alterations.
- With mockups approved, the BASIC DESIGN is then sent to a partner team of programmers/developers for a conversion/programming estimate. This will be sent to you, the client, for review. Once the programmers are paid, they will begin the conversion of the .psd files for your new design into valid XHTML and CSS, as well as write any custom programming requests by the client.
BASIC DESIGN add-on options:
- A Unique Logo (Print & Web) – + $600 (1-3 alterations)
- Additional Page Templates – billed $375/template
- Exporting and Importing entries from a previous blog – WILL QUOTE
- Text entry – + $150 to $225 per page (dependent on length)
- Additional Scripts or Plugins – WILL QUOTE
DO I DO IT ALL?
Nope! I am a web designer, NOT a programmer or developer. This means I hire the techies to
conquer take on the coding and programming. It also means I don’t know my way around a shopping cart and don’t want to learn it (been there, done that, NOT going back).
But? I’m friendly, don’t bite, and love design.
* An Individual Post Page is the page rendered when a site visitor clicks through to read the full post. This is the same page that houses a post’s comments.
** A Page Template matches the Individual Post Page design and lay-out except it does not have comments.