Hi. I’m Heather.
I am a blogger and web content manager living right outside Huntsville, a smallish city on the tail-end of the East Texas Pineywoods.
You may already be familiar with me, but if not, here are the bullet points:
- I am a born-again Christian, and I love, worship, and serve the Lord Jesus.
- Twenty-two years ago, I married Jeff, my college sweetheart — and God’s gracious gift to me — shortly after, we chose to “go forth and multiply.”
- Subsequently, we have three kids: Emelie (20), Meredith (17), and Kenny (14).
- And we must not leave out Nora, our first grandbaby.
- We’ve primarily homeschooled our kids because that works best for us. But, we have also enrolled them in public, private and co-op classes at various times. We are, in a word, resourceful.
- I’ve spent the last 16 years working from home in the following industries: web design & development, branding & consulting and copyediting & freelance blogging.
- I am a minimalist at my core, so when I find myself getting overwhelmed it is almost always because I need to deal with physical, emotional or mental clutter that has built up in my life.
If you stick around, you’ll hear me talk a lot about faithsizing.
Faithsizing is a simple word I coined to mean obediently and faithfully aligning one’s position and purpose before the Lord.
If you would like to read more about that, I’ve got you covered right here: 5 Ways to Faithsize Your Life (Even if You Don’t Know What it Means).
I consider it a blessing to write.
But having people choose to read what I write? And knowing that God may use me to help others learn to surrender and simplify their lives? That blesses and humbles me to my core.
So, thank you for being here.
P.S. If you’d like to read my personal promise to you, I’ve written a Code of Ethics for this blog.